Comments: the latest from zunta labs
Comments: the latest from zunta labs

Yo, you should sell this to Yahoo and make millions. It's like a whole new browsing experience.

Posted by: Emily on May 5, 2006 01:20 PM

Classic. Good work Tom. For the record, I did not establish the "we" voice on DCist. That is something that was mandated by Gothamist. I'm curious as to what Jake and Jen think of the recent deviation.

Also, thanks for your input on the bolding. I might make a comment about Catherine's fear of capitalization, but I will back off. Like I said in this week's washingtonpost.com chat, I've received more praise about the bolding than criticism. Not everyone likes to look at a big block of text, espeically when it's pumped up with long multisyllabic words. Most blog readers are scanners, not actual readers.

Posted by: mgrass on May 5, 2006 05:33 PM

uh, what does my not capitalizing on a personal blog have to do with a post on bolding on the express blog that tommy wrote?

Posted by: catherine on May 6, 2006 03:31 AM

General style preference. We all have opinions.

Posted by: mgrass on May 8, 2006 01:54 PM

i'm just saying, no need to insult my blogging style in a post that had nothing to do with me in the first place.

Posted by: catherine on May 8, 2006 02:23 PM

I'm sorry that you feel insulted. That was not my intent. But you two write a group blog, albeit one that has two different sets of informal style rules, but it's a group blog nonetheless. Although you may think that you speak in two individual voices, they are, to the reader, joined ... Therefore my commentary on your capitalization as part of an overall discussion about this here blog.

Posted by: mgrass on May 8, 2006 11:32 PM

i totally understand your point, mike. it just seemed arbitrary to me, but it's not a big deal. the lack of capitalization is probably a habit i should break, but hitting that shift key is just such an effort.

Posted by: catherine on May 8, 2006 11:46 PM