Comments: vox populi
Comments: vox populi

It's a clear winner to me. If they don't go with Howell, I'm leaving the city... forever.

Both Jill and Sarah sound like two Alpha Tau Something sisters that lived down the hall from circa 96. Never again.

Posted by: the g. on February 1, 2006 03:14 PM

Tears are running down my face - it really shouldn't be this funny. I have friends that are married to Sarah Fraser, unfortunately... She DOES come to St. Patrick's Day, and it DOES suck.

Posted by: Tom Oakes on February 1, 2006 05:19 PM

What I want to know is, Who The Hell came up with that dumb-ass speech?

Here's what I'd like to see:

"Tourists, get the hell away from the doors! And once you're on the elevator, get the frell over to the right, dammit."

In a cowboy voice.

Posted by: ajw93 on February 1, 2006 06:01 PM

ajw: DCist is holding a joke para-contest -- record it and submit it. Seriously.

Posted by: tom on February 1, 2006 06:09 PM

Brilliant, T.

Posted by: susan on February 2, 2006 06:15 AM

Ha! Great post, Tom.

Posted by: apostropher on February 2, 2006 09:47 AM

I voted for John Garcia. He's the only one I don't immidiately want to strangle.

Posted by: rj3 loop on February 2, 2006 10:07 AM

They need to get whatever it is they use for announcing delays for SEPTA trains up in Philly. Pre-recorded segments of, as far as I can tell, Lawrence Fishburne, telling you that [this line] is [some godawful length of time] behind schedule due to [bullshit excuse]. I keep expecting the announcement to ask if I know what the Matrix is.

Posted by: Moleman on February 2, 2006 10:31 AM

John Howell's version? You've got to be kidding me.

If you don't get sick of hearing that semi-drunken drawl within 2 days and wish you could grab the nearest cattle prod and poke John through the speech sometime before sundown then I'm Gene Autry.

Dude sounds like he's gargling cottage cheese for crying out loud.

Posted by: JR on February 2, 2006 01:47 PM

JOhn Howell ... or John Cash? That dude is awesome but I doubt Metro can afford the extra fuel usage incurred by having to lug around the awesome weight of his voice. Any reason to dislike him other than chaos caused by spontaneous metro panty dropping is probably envy.\

Posted by: JOn on February 2, 2006 04:27 PM

Thank you!! MW was thinking about how funny it is to be telling you to get out of the "doors closing" when she's always throwing her body in there. BTW - in the studio, we were asked to do "polite" and "authoritative" versions of most of the lines. The clips provided to the Post sound like polite takes - I know mine was. I hope my authoritative takes were stern but weirdly exciting.

Posted by: Mary Whittington on February 4, 2006 12:06 AM