Comments: roocentricity
Comments: roocentricity

It's missing a sculptural depiction of petty thieves and a boomerang.

Posted by: Kanishka on August 26, 2005 12:54 PM

and binge drinking! that's really better expressed as performance art, though.

(Julie, as our resident Australiologist, click here to see the image -- I know your firewall blocks the Coral Cache of it)

Posted by: tom on August 26, 2005 01:07 PM

It's also missing Nick, my Australian friend.

Posted by: Kriston on August 26, 2005 01:16 PM

no, no, he's in there. it's just a bad cameraphone picture.

Posted by: tom on August 26, 2005 01:20 PM

Oh, see, I thought that guy was a Prisoner. The Aussie version of a pilgrim and all.

Posted by: Kriston on August 26, 2005 01:41 PM

Sorry to be boring, it's actually the Australian Coat of Arms put into sculpture format. As long as the bronzed corpse of Steve Erwin never makes an appearance I'll know that all is still well in the Land Down Under. Now if only we could get some GOOD Australian beer imported!

Posted by: Julie on August 26, 2005 01:51 PM

Hey wait, didn't they ban the word "mate"? Can we have it?

Posted by: Kriston on August 26, 2005 01:59 PM

well, if it's the official coat of arms, so much the better. that just adds to their essential kangaroocentric character.

Posted by: tom on August 26, 2005 02:00 PM

Ah, I hadn't heard that. But apparently it's been overturned. I guess we can't have it afterall :(

Posted by: Julie on August 26, 2005 02:22 PM

I think America's mascot should be a remarkably fat person panting up to the counter of a McDonald's with a 64 oz. travel cup of Coke they bought at a different store, complaining about the price of a refill and making not even a token attempt to clean up the big mess they leave behind.

Posted by: Jon "it's 6:30 am where you are" Zuckerman on August 27, 2005 11:40 AM

Comments