you know you want to

posted by tom / January 18, 2006 /

dcist happy hour

I hope I'll see the lot of you at the DCist happy hour tomorrow. It's sure to be mind-blowingly awesome for vast array of reasons, none of which I can articulate.

Sadly, I'm on morning roundup duty for Friday, so the traditional happy hour spectacle of watching me get drunk and embarrass myself won't be available. Maybe next time.

Comments

you spelled embarrass correctly! aw.

wish i could be at the happy hour.

Posted by: catherine on January 18, 2006 01:48 PM

Huh.

First time I have commented here. That being the case, let me get this out of the way -- You blog totally sucks balls. I've never had the urge to vomit over my keyboard more than when reading about your schmoopy-woopy little lives.

Phew. Feels good. Now I get why so many people do it on DCist.

Tom -- Try doing the MR drunk. Way more challenging, but I think you'll really like the results.

Posted by: DCist Martin on January 18, 2006 02:23 PM

there is very little i ask for in life from the DCist staff, Tom. Just ONE completely incoherent Morning Roundup would make my Friday.

And I think you're just the man for the job.

Posted by: the g. on January 18, 2006 04:17 PM

Yeah, come on, how hard is it? "Oh there was lots of fucking traffic . . . man killed in northeast . . . bird flu in Trinidad neighborhood . . . M-13 chopped off some arms." Let me write that, and you'll be sipping beer late into the night in good conscience.

Posted by: Kriston on January 18, 2006 05:14 PM

Maybe I can just set up a booth at the happy hour. The DCist Reality Tour -- write a morning roundup item, just like a real blogger! I'll supervise from the bar.

Posted by: tom on January 18, 2006 05:17 PM

do not tempt me, thomas lee. You can only imagine yrs truly, sitting in the corner, spending hours drunkenly crafting choose-yr-own-adventure-esque MR possibilities. Think of it!! Lil ol me!!!! Writing a morning roundup! "Good morning, DC! The weather is foggy!" JUST LIKE A REAL DCIST BLOGGER!!! Swoon.

kriston and I can be reached at the most awesome forward blog in the universe, should you be interested in subcontracting your duties.

Posted by: the g. on January 18, 2006 05:28 PM

speaking of, check yr e-mail, g. wait till we blow they brains out.

Posted by: Kriston on January 18, 2006 05:51 PM

Hey, Tommy, say that someone was going to post animated GIFs onto their forward blog. How come that won't work?

Posted by: Kriston on January 18, 2006 06:10 PM

Unfortunately, I'll see everyone there.

Posted by: Kanishka on January 18, 2006 08:08 PM

k: hard to say without seeing it. send it my way and I'll have a look.

Posted by: tom on January 18, 2006 08:46 PM

oh, and g: a fog intro? I would want to save an exciting story like that for myself. Try this more classic MR example:

Something To Happen With Transit: People are upset about WMATA not doing enough of something, but other people think there should be less of it. The item has been tabled until the next meeting, in 2007. PS I bet exciting things are happening right now in New York, huh?

Posted by: tom on January 19, 2006 12:50 PM

"...because New York is better and has culture and food and you all are boring and wear KHAKIS."

but I assume that is just implied.

well done.