the List

posted by catherine / August 17, 2005 /

okay, thanks to your input (esp kanishka's), i have a good start on a list of things to do in d.c. before i head out of town. and here they are!

• participate in the 25 cent beerathon at asylum on saturdays
  • go see the new batch of baby cheetahs at the zoo
  • hit up gravelly point park to watch planes landing at national
  • go to eastern market (what day/time is best?)
  • visit the byzantine monastery in brookland
  • go to the top of the washington monumnent (though i've lived here nearly all my life, i have never done this)
  • have a fancy cocktail at the mandarin oriental or hay-adams hotel bar
  • visit my old house on 44th street nw (and perhaps combine this with na's suggestion of running up and down the exorcist stairs, just down the street)

any other ideas? and if you want to join me on any part of my list adventure, just let me know.

• Comments

Since I'll be missing your going away bash, would love to participate in any alcohol-related activities, as well as provide funds for such. If we go to the Hay-Adams, I think we should wear pearls. And big brooches (broaches?).

Posted by: Sommer on August 17, 2005 08:47 PM

ooh, fun! maybe we can get susan in on it. and we can wear big brimmed hats and enormous sunglasses.

Posted by: catherine on August 17, 2005 08:51 PM

If you get to the Eastern Market Metro at 9:30-10 you can hit Murky Coffee and walk around the weekend areas before Market Lunch opens at 11. Saturday has better produce but if you're just going to take a look the crowds are bigger and more relaxed on Sunday.

-W

Posted by: WC on August 18, 2005 09:17 AM

Were you looking for this: www.easternmarket.net ? Because I've been to the one linked above and it's kind of a long drive.
    -W

Posted by: WC on August 18, 2005 10:18 AM

haha, yes! thank you. i'm a google retard. i don't really want to go to detroit.

Posted by: catherine on August 18, 2005 10:34 AM

"Go to Detroit" would be an interesting suggestion as far as what to do while you're still in D.C.

And I'll just echo WC's comments: the goodies are better at Eastern Market on Saturdays. All the food from my BBQ was from one Saturday AM Eastern Market trip.

Posted by: Kanishka on August 18, 2005 10:39 AM